Igniting positive change.
To be the spark that initiates the light of hope, the warmth of caring, and the fire to facilitate positive change in oneself and one’s community.
Daniel’s Dream–How One Life Story Became a Life’s Mission
The life story referred to is that of Daniel’s – a beagle mix who miraculously survived attempted euthanasia via gas chamber in Alabama back in 2011. Daniel’s life story became devoted owner Joe Dwyer’s inspiration to create a foster network to rescue dogs on death row while advocating anti-gassing legislation nationwide under the name of Daniel’s Law.
Joe quickly saw that the story of Daniel’s life stood as a message of hope and a reminder of the power one life has to affect positive change for many. Daniel became the inspiration for Spark: demonstrating how a single life can serve as inspiration to others to overcome challenges and affect positive change. To be the spark that initiates the light of hope, the warmth of caring, and the fire to facilitate positive change in oneself and one’s community.
About Us/Who we are
Along with creating and implementing positive behavioral programs, we spearhead a cooperative of experts in a variety of healing and educational disciplines to form a community of caring. Through a focus on empathy, respect, and positive behavioral tools, we look to empower individuals to tap into their own inner resources for healing and developing ways to create more productive and fulfilling lives.
We do this through a multi-tiered approach that:
- Identifies sources of pain and where healing is needed
- Reduces/eliminates negative attitudes and behaviors by providing tools that replace them with positive, life-enhancing approaches and plans
- Develop ongoing action plans that foster long-term/permanent life-enrichment behaviors
What does this multi-tiered approach include?
- Speakers on specific topics (Booking now!!)
- Evaluation methodology for sound decision-making
- Lifestyle/behavioral management tools (stress management/martial arts/art therapy/life enrichment
- Access to counseling resources (behavioral, vocational, education tutoring)
- Field trips/community service
- Animal Assisted Therapy (AAA)
- Assisted Living Facility with dogs
- Farm experience
- Martial arts training
- Online education (self-correcting homework assignments)
- Podcasts with questionnaire
- Short films
- Behavioral exercises
- Teacher/Caretaker Activities Program
- Easy, prepared activities for teachers/caregivers to roll out on a designated schedule throughout the year to keep messaging on top of mind and inspire action